Charles S. Rivchun founded his jewelry business in downtown Cleveland in 1917, opening his first wholesale store in the Old Arcade Building on Euclid Avenue. Four years later, he moved the store to the Hickok Building on the corner of Ninth Street and Euclid Avenue. In 1943, Rivchun Jewelers moved to the Citizen’s Building (today’s City Club Building) located at 850 Euclid Avenue where Charles encouraged a number of fellow jewelers to relocate and thus, was instrumental in establishing Cleveland’s Historical Jewelry Center.
Charles’ three sons, Sandy, Fred and Armand joined the business
after World War II, along with Sandy’s wife, Lynne, and Fred’s wife, Muriel. Over the next five decades, the family developed a reputation in both the community and the industry as experts in diamonds, precious gemstones and metals, watches and estate jewelry. Likewise, Rivchun’s embraced the most current trends and methods of the industry as was apparent by their introduction of lab certified diamonds to the Cleveland area.
In the spring of 2001, the Rivchun families were gracious enough to continue the jewelry store’s legacy by selling the business to their long time employees. Today, Chas. S. Rivchun & Sons, Jewelers is owned and operated as a wholesale/retail establishment by partners Joe Soukenik Sr., Sharon Porrello, and Joe Soukenik Jr., whom proudly maintain the company’s formula for success: Service, Quality and Value!